Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Astronomy Jokes and Quotes: How Does The Man-in-the-Moon Cut His Hair?

Eclipse it!

Who doesn’t love a good joke? Or a philosophical moment now and then? I love both of those things. That is why I decided to devote this post to astronomy and science related jokes and quotes. I hope you enjoy it!

Quotes

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

-I have experienced enough human stupidity in my life to know that Albert was right on with this one. I have always loved Einstein’s sense of humor. He makes science so funny! No one can read a list of his quotes and not smile at least once.

No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.
Albert Einstein

-I like this quote because it shows how hard science is. So much can go wrong, especially in the study of the cosmos but no matter what new information will be gleaned from the experiments. That is one of the main reasons why I think science is SO cool!

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.
Carl Sagan

-How many times have you started the first week of science class learning about how you use the scientific method everyday? I know I have done so for many years in a row. I think that this quote emphasizes that. It describes so perfectly how we as the inquisitive humans that we are, use science multiple times everyday. Science is in your life whether you like it or not! So there! :)

Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science. 
Edwin Powell Hubble

-When Mr. Hubble (the one who the Hubble telescope is named after) said this he described exactly what science is to me. Science is an adventure that we all embark on everyday! When people do science they are exploring unknown territory. That is why I love exploring the cosmos. It is a new, exciting adventure everyday.

Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better
Albert Einstein

-I like this quote because it helps me to remember that sometimes it is important to return to the roots that we all have in nature. Nature is the beginning and end of everything. From dust you came and to dust you shall return. Whoa! Deep moment right there! But really, if we all take a moment to look at what is around us then we understand ourselves and everything else much better.

Jokes

I was up all night wondering where the Sun had gone… then it dawned on me.

-So punny!

It is reported that Copernicus' parents said the following to him at the age of twelve: "Copernicus, young man, when are you going to come to terms with the fact that the world does not revolve around you.”

-This is something that all teenagers are told at least once in their life. :)

Photo Courtesy of sciencegeek.net
-I love this cartoon. It shows the hard parts of science but emphasizes how COOL it all is!!

How does one astronaut on the moon tell another astronaut that he is sorry?

He Apollo-gises.

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this collection of science jokes and quotes. I sure had fun assembling it. Please comment and tell me what you thought of this and what you want to hear about in the future. Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment